5-Ingredient Festive Shortbread Cookies 🎄
½ cup icing sugar
1 cup (240g) butter, cubed and softened
1 tsp Moir’s Vanilla Essence
2 cups cake flour
1 cup Safari Dried Cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 medium baking trays with greased baking paper.
2. Place the butter in a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
3. Add the icing sugar and Moir’s Vanilla Essence and mix together until light and fluffy -this method is known as “creaming”.
4. Sprinkle in the flour and beat until the dough just comes together. Roughly chop and fold in the Safari Dried Cranberries.
5. Turn the dough out onto a counter dusted with icing sugar. Using a rolling pin, gently roll the dough into a large, even rectangle, about 1cm thick.
6. Use a cookie cutter of choice to cut out shapes, about 30. Chef’s Tip: Dip cookie cutter in the icing sugar before cutting shape to prevent the dough sticking to it.
7. Place the cookie shapes onto the prepared tray and pierce lightly with a fork. *Optional step: place the trays in the fridge for 30 minutes to ensure cookies hold shape when baking.
8. Bake the cookies for about 15-18 minutes, turning the tray halfway, until lightly golden.
9. Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool before serving. Serve and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Store the remaining cookies in an airtight container for up to three days.
PLANNING TO TRY THIS?
If yes, remember to a) post a pic b) TAG US (not just to mention us - as these easily get lost in the notification stream) and c) hashtag #foodiesofsa
Top tip 💡 Save the video so that you can find it easily later or share it with your friends who might like to see it too!
The @foodiesofsa team