Tips on how to make the best of the world’s most visited places!
Don’t forget to ❤️,please!
Welcome to Prambanan and Borobudur, two amazing sights of Indonesia known throughout the whole world!
Both are located in Yogyakarta, the city which I really recommend to y’all, guys. Have a nice walk around the town, crawl along the black sand coast and later visit the famous temples!
Prambanan - Hindu temple. Reminds of Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
Borobudur - the biggest Mahayana Buddhist temple in the world. Is seen from space.
Both were erected in the 9th century.
Both are super crowded!
Crowded. Keyword. Especially with Indonesian students who HAVE TO ask u 10 questions in English, take a photo and say “Bye-bye, foreigner, nice to meet you!”
1. Come in the eve, 2-3 hours before the closing hour.
2. Don’t trust tips from internet guides, they lie.
3. If u have only a tourist visa, u will pay 10 times more than a local. If u have KITAS or any other type of visa, welcome with the cheapest option.
4. Take water, it’ll be very hot.
5. Meet the sunset.
6. If u happen to see some student in uniform - hide.
7. Don’t do both temples in one day if u wanna “feel” the vibes.
8. U can watch ballet dancing at Prambanan. It must be awesome.
9. Try to find out some info about the temples in advance.
10. In Prambanan go to the right from the main entrance and walk for a kilometer. Visit the minor temples which are empty, lonely and waiting for you. You will thank me later 😏
Have you been here?