Duck a l’orange 🇫🇷
1. Begin by scoring the skin on the duck breast before seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. Sear the duck on a low medium heat for 6 mins on skin side and then flip and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add the duck to a preheated 180 degree oven and cook for 4 mins skin side up.
4. Make the sauce by simmering in the duck pan, 120ml honey, 1 zested orange, 1 orange juiced, 2 cloves garlic. Allow to simmer until reduced down.
5. Spoon a little sauce over the duck skin and place back in the oven for 2 mins.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 mins before slicing.
7. Add to a pan asparagus and cook for 7 mins and add some garlic salt.
8. Now, make the mash by boiling 2 potatoes until soft. Then remove the water and mash the potatoes with 1 tbsp butter, 2 tspn milk, 1/2 tspn pepper and optional 1 tspn truffle oil.
9. Plate up the mash, asparagus, duck and finish with some of the orange honey sauce.
#duck #asparagus #mash #truffleoil #honey #orange #frenchfood #duckalorange #followforfollowback #fyp #instagood #instadaily #instafood #bca #xyz #foodie #follow #restaurant