🐾 Hi guys, Tweek here! I want to talk about my experience with a cast and give you some tips to take care of a pet with a cast!
I was rescued with a broken arm, so when I was taken to the vet, they had to break my arm again and put it back into place to properly heal! But don't worry, I didn't feel anything! When I was taken home, mommy had to give me extra attention because now I had a cast on!
The First Few Days:
It does take some time for your pet to adjust to a cast! At first he will be constantly aware of it. But with time he will get used to the cast and the new physical limitations.
After a time, your pet will do most of the things he was doing before the injury. But be careful to assure that the injury will heal well.
1. Follow your vet's instructions carefully. In my case, since I was and still am a very playful kitten, I had to be put into an enclosed space so I wouldn't be playing too hard and end up messing my cast.
2. Watch your pet for sudden discomfort associated with the leg. This may show up as an unwillingness to use the limb or chewing the cast.
3. Never stuff cotton or anything under the margins of the cast, it may fall into the cast or decrease your pet’s circulation and cause serious issues.
4. Never trim or cut down the length of your pet’s cast yourself. Call your vet's office if the cast becomes loose, broken or cracked.
5. Keep the cast as clean and dry as possible by covering it with a plastic bag whenever your pet goes outside in wet weather. (Leave uncovered at all other times so the cast and skin can “breathe”).
6. Contact your vet's office if you have any problems with your pet’s cast.
The cast will be removed when your pet is fully healed with a saw or cutting wire that was especially designed for this purpose. Cast removal is usually a fast and painless process. 💕
#cat #cats #catsofinstagram #catlife #cats_of_instagram #catlovers #catstagram #kitten #kittens #catsgram #kittensofinstagram #catfollowers #cats🐱 #catworld #ilovecats #catlove #lovecat #lovecats #lovecats😻 #gato #catfollow #catsofig #gatosdelmundo #gatosdeinstagram #catinstagram #felinefriends #catslove #catslover #ilovemycats #gatosfofos