😍EAT OR PASS?!
🥘🍖🍷 Red Wine-Braised Beef Stew With Potatoes And Carrots
The perfect cozy meal coming at you for the winter months by @thefeedfeed
* 4 slices bacon, thick cut, chopped
* 2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1½-inch pieces
* Kosher salt, to taste
* Black peppercorns, freshly ground
* 1 yellow onion, diced
* 2 cups red wine
* 4 cups beef stock
* 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
* 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
* 1 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
* 6 sprigs thyme, tied with butcher’s twine
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
1. In a large Dutch oven, add bacon over medium-high heat and cook until rendered and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a plate. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Sear the beef, working in 2 batches and turning as needed, until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Transfer the beef to the plate with the bacon.
2. Add the onion to the pot and cook until softened and caramelized, 4-5 minutes. Pour in the wine and stir, scraping up any fond that has developed on the bottom of the pot. Cook until reduced slightly, 2-3 minutes.
3. Add back the seared beef and rendered bacon with the stock, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, until the beef is tender, 2 hours.
4. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water until smooth, then stir into stew and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then divide between bowls and serve with mashed potatoes.
#mashedpotatoes #slowcooker #crockpot #beef #stew #cozyhome #nourish #nourishyourbody #slowcooking