I want to remind parents of how important it is to keep their kids physically active & teaching them to eat better. The same energy that that is put into your healthy lifestyle should also be invested in your child’s life.
We as adults always want to look our best and stay as fit as possible, while doing this I encourage you do the same for your child.
I’ve come across scenarios where I see the adult eating healthy and their child eating fast food. I understand that eating better means more money and it’s also time demanding but don’t we all want to live a healthier and longer life?
I’m not a parent and I’m not here to tell anyone on how to parent their child. I’m here to share some knowledge on why it’s important to do so! 😊
Why keep your kids physically active ?
-Teaches them the importance of exercise
-Helps keep their mental state of mind healthier
-Exercise will reduce the risk of your child developing type 2 diabetes.
-improved cardiorespiratory capacity that enhances their endurance
-Improved self-esteem and confidence
-Improves any daily physical challenges like running for a bus or playing with their friends.
Here are some tips for raising fit kids:
* Help your kids do in a variety of age-appropriate activities.
* Set a regular schedule for physical activity.
* Minimize their time on computers or video games
* Make being active a part of daily life, like taking the stairs instead of the elevator
* Embrace a healthier lifestyle yourself, so you'll be a positive role model for your family.
* Be active together as a family.
* Keep it fun, so your kids will come back for more
Here are some tips for raising kids with better nutrition:
-Buy less sugary drinks at home
- Remind them of drinking water through out the day.
- Buy healthier snacks. Like hummus, peanuts, apples, banana, almond butter, rice cakes
- Minimize eating out and eating more at home ( if you do eat out always remind them to add veggies to their order)
- Be an example by eating better at home or out. Kids watch everything.
I hope these tips can help anyone who needs them!