For those of you who may have already seen, last night Coco was unnecessarily brave and fought off an intruder (skunk) last night but ended up getting sprayed in the face. For those keeping score, it’s Skunk 1 Dog 0 sadly.
It was our first experience getting sprayed and we immediately bathed her (bad idea). She was foaming at the mouth and puked twice! This was very traumatic for us hoomans. We called the emergency vet and they reassured us that this was normal to get the toxins out of her mouth. We also noticed that her eyes were irritated and she could barely keep them open. The vet also assured us that this was normal due to the toxins. They taught us how to rinse out the toxins from the eyes with a warm wet towel.
With that being said Coco is fantastic health wise but stinks like heck. Along with the whole house and household 🤢 The skunk also left a yellow stain on her fur... 😕
We would like to give special thanks to Vaughan-Richmond Hill Veterinary Emergency Clinic for guiding us through this unpleasant time 💕 We would also like to thank everyone that DM’d us or commented with methods that worked for you during this stinky situation 💞