To me, @teamusa @olympics has been a source of inspiration my entire life. To stay motivated, dream big, work hard, go for your goals, and strive for greatness.
Whenever I’m feeling down and need this reminder, I always put on some type of team USA Olympic gear to remind myself this and to find my inner super hero.
2020 has been an incredibly difficult year for so many. I’ve remained conflicted this year regarding how and what to promote on my social media, as I generally like to keep my social fun and lighthearted focusing on my “brand” of fun and fitness. However I think it is imperative at times to recognize the mental health impact this year has had on so many as the sheer psychological weight of existence can feel crushing at times.
To anyone who sees this post, please remember that
1) Instagram is NOT an accurate depiction of reality. Whether or not it is expressed or not, everyone has struggles
2) Life is tough. Especially this year. It’s ok not to feel ok at times. Find things in life that despite any circumstance, give you a sense of joy, motivation, etc (for me, the symbolism of the Olympics, my dog, family and friends)
3) Do not be afraid to communicate your feelings. It is not a sign of weakness.
4) Be kind to yourself and others. Connect to yourself and your struggles and allow that to help serve as a sense of empathy to others and their struggles.
5) take a deep breath, you’ve got this!