🥩Cat nutrition advice🥦
Today I am going to write about cat nutrition, what is important by choosing cat food.
~ Cat food has to contain animal PROTEINS and FATS, so that the cat can build healthy skin, fur and muscles he needs Amino acids, Linoleic acid, Arachidonic acid and Taurine. Because his body can’t produce enough of this nutritions alone he has to ingest with animal produced food.
~ Plant PROTEINS are also good for the health,
Grains and vegetables have proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals. Plant food helps functioning digestion and the cat gets enough energy.
The best that you can do is to MIX the food. Your cat is a meat eater but it doesn’t mean that the plant food will do him harm. Actually if you combine a bit of plant food here and there it will help your best friend to live a long healthy and happy life.
- if you have a Kitten 🐱 ( under the age of 1 year ), is from my opinion better to give them only animal based food, no grains. Kittens need a lot of proteins to grow, and the plant based food will give them gas, tummy problems and diarrhea 💩
- Kittens have to eat 3-4 times a day
1. give your cat a calm and quiet environment so he can enjoy his food.
2. Don’t give your cat cold food, because he can’t smell the food properly and will not enjoy it.
3. Clean your cats bowls every time he has eaten. Clean it with warm water and don’t use any soaps 🧼 Hygiene is important.
4. give him enough water to drink, because he doesn’t get enough with food.
5. Adult cats have to eat up to 2 times a day, and elderly cats up to 3times a day.
Hope this helps you choose food for your best friend ♥️